Service & Repair
Industrial facilities cannot afford to have refrigeration or HVAC disruptions. Precision Refrigeration specializes in helping keep your systems working properly, and we are available 24/7/365. If you are a food/beverage processor or a cold storage/pharmaceutical/military facility you cannot risk lost production time or product loss.
Give us a call today and let our certified technicians stop by and give your system a once over. So whether you are looking for a one time checkup or you want monthly service, we can be there to accommodate your needs and to help keep your system up and running for years to come.
We offer a comprehensive service and repair program to provide reliable refrigeration / mechanical system operations to our customers . Today we work with clients to make critical decisions about repairing versus replacing aging equipment. We provide options for new technology that is significantly more energy efficient, delivers higher reliability and reduces environmental pollutants. Some of the most common services we provide include:
Compressor Rebuild Services
- We are proud to offer rebuild services on all makes and models of screw compressor. We are staffed and equipped to provide this service either in the field or in our rebuild shop.
Pump Out Unit
- Our in-house designed/built “Pump-Out Unit” is an invaluable tool when it comes to making changes to the high-pressure side of an ammonia system. In the past, it was acceptable to simply valve off a section of piping, then bleed off the ammonia to the atmosphere or suitable water basin. Concerns from environmental agencies, such as the EPA and OSHA, have made it desirable to refrain from releasing refrigerant to the atmosphere or to local wastewater facilities. Evacuating the high side in this manner is also usually a time-consuming process which hinders progress in the limited tie-in window available.
- The self-contained mobile Pump-Out Unit enables us to safely evacuate the ammonia from the high side of a system, make the necessary changes, and return the recovered refrigerant to the system with no losses. All this in a fraction of the time as conventional methods.
Ammonia System Portable Dehydrator
- Refrigeration systems lose efficiency when contaminated with air and other non-condensable gases. Liquid contaminants can wreak havoc on efficiency as well. Water, oil, glycol, etc. is often inadvertently introduced to the system. These liquid contaminants become entrained in the ammonia and are pumped throughout the system, consuming horsepower but providing no refrigeration effect. This loss of refrigeration effect at the evaporator drastically reduces the tonnage of the system’s evaporators. To combat this problem, we offer rental of these devices for periodic removal of liquid contaminants from industrial ammonia systems.
Other Key Services include:
- System Commissioning and Start-Up
- Oil Analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Facility Automation Systems & Controls
- Cooling Towers
- Infrared Thermography
We promise to help keep your refrigeration/mechanical systems running without interruption.
Emergency Service & Repair
We can incorporate state of the art non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques in your maintenance program to identify potential equipment problems before they result in costly and disruptive equipment failures. Those non-destructive tests can include:
- Vibration Testing of Rotating Equipment
- Infra-Red Thermography of High Amperage Switch Gear
- Oil & Flue Gas Analysis
- Eddy Current Testing of Heat Exchanger Tubes
- Meg-Ohm Testing (“Meggering”) of Motor Insulation Integrity on Large Horsepower Motors and Compressors
For facilities with a Building Automation System (BAS), chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, air handling units, packaged rooftop units, split systems or other mission critical refrigeration/mechanical equipment, Precision Refrigeration can:
- Keep it Running Reliably
- Maximize Equipment Life
- Minimize Energy Consumption
- Reduce System Downtime with 24/7/365 Service
Give us a call at (626) 443-8882 more about how we are the mechanical contractor of choice for industrial and institutional needs.
More and more of our clients are seeing the importance of a customized planned maintenance program for their refrigeration/mechanical equipment. As opposed to waiting for a system failure, regularly scheduled maintenance can reduce overall operating costs, extend the life of your equipment, and improve energy efficiency.
On each scheduled service call our technician will inspect Refrigeration/Mechanical Systems as outlined in your custom PMP agreement. They will adjust where necessary and in consultation with the facility manager review their work, discuss areas of concern and potential system failures. At Precision Refrigeration, we provide 3 levels of maintenance service:
- Planned Maintenance
We specialize in customized PM programs tailed to your equipment and service needs. We have gone beyond the industry’s standard checklist and developed a thorough survey that requires our technicians to record specific values, conditions and notes on each piece of equipment. This benefits our customers with reduced, overall service costs, emergency calls, equipment downtime, lost revenues, product loss and equipment failures.
- Labor Maintenance
- Full Service
Why choose us?
Besides our service offerings we are very unique in 3 ways
We leverage the latest technology and integrate directly with top 3rd party systems common in the industry. We adapt to the customers processes and systems by implementing custom programming to make sure they get what they need when they need it. We built our own custom solution from the ground up, so we are never bound to what we can do for you.
The Decision is Easy
Precision Refrigeration focuses on providing cost-efficient, knowledgeable, and timely professional service and the ability to deliver on that commitment, WHATEVER IT TAKES!
We are a customer-driven service organization, personally designed and managed by the owners’ experiences. Success as a service company in today’s business environment requires productive employees, the innovative use of technology, a commitment to prompt and accurate service and fair pricing – all essential characteristics of a business organized to provide superior service.